Shutdown script for lvm2

I have manually migrated my debian system to lvm2, but I am having a problem with the shutdown script.

For example when doing runlevel 6 (reboot), the 3 last script which are executed are
S50lvm2
S60umountroot
S90reboot
(in that order)

The lvm2 script tries to do a
   vgchange -an
which of course fails as the root filesystem (also on lvm2) is still mounted. The error message is
   Can't deactivate volume group "linux_vg" with 1 open logical volume(s)

How should this work?

Didn't etch have support for setting up lvm2 during installation? Did that put the root onto lvm2? If so, could anybody take a peek at how their shutdown scripts handle this problem.

Is it even a problem? I get an error message, but as far as I can see there are no real ill effects. The warning is annoying, though.

Please CC me, I am not on this list.

Regards, Thue