Re: script program surprise

Jude DaShiell wrote:
I went and ran script and ran dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg to catch the failure happening. I was wondering why the size of the file was 137K when I finished so had me an examine of the typescript file. There's loads of ansi garbage in the file. Is there a package I can use to filter all of the extra stuff out and leave only text in debian?

I think you are using the ncurses frontend for debconf. If you want to log all your output, it would be better to use the readline frontend. try "dpkg-reconfigure -f readline xserver-xorg"

Raj Kiran