Re: VNC install--possible dependency error?

Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   Looks like a mistake to me.  I'd think suggesting vnc-server, or maybe
> (say) "tightvncserver | vnc-server", would be just fine.  OTOH, tightvnc
> has protocol extensions and works better with its own server, so that
> suggestion isn't entirely silly.

    Actually I think the whole suggests is a mistake.  The whole idea is that
the client is to connect to a remote machine running the server.  Suggesting
the server on the local machine does no good.

    That line of thinking does not seem contrary since openssh-client does not
suggest or depend on openssh-server and telnet does not suggest or depend on
telnet-server.