Re: how to set up a Web server thru a wireless router

Serena Cantor wrote:
I have  2 PCs that are connected to wireless router, which is connected to a cable modem. Now I
want one PC to be a Web server, so people all over the world can access it on Internet. Since the
two PCs form a private network, how should I set up?

Most routers support port forwarding. If yours does that, then you can forward all the tcp traffic on ports 80 (http) and 443 (https) to the machine you want to act as the webserver.

Or should I connect the Web server directly to cable modem, and use Linux  Masquerading to offer
Internet access to the other PC?

I prefer the former option where possible, since it provides an additional layer of security.

HTH,
Raj Kiran