Re: good tool to recover scratched CD's/DVD's?

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 02:55:40PM +0000, steef wrote:
> Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> <........>
> >There's a program that's supposed to take multiple
> >versions of a file and, using the blocks in common, come up with an
> >accurate file.
> >
> ....can you give us the name of that program/package?

Its gddrescue.

I think you used ddrescue on the raw CD and had it konk out on bad
blocks, but perhaps having used a different tool to retreive data, doing
it several times, and plugging them all into ddrescue will get you a
complete file.

All I know about gddrescue is what aptitude is telling me.

Doug.