Re: good tool to recover scratched CD's/DVD's?

Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 11:49:15AM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> > Is there a tool available that does stuff like that?
> The only thing I see in the repository is dvdisaster that you use
> _before_ the cd/dvd gets damaged that can recreate it later.

  The docs claim you need the ECC file, but I am running it right now
without an ECC file, and it is still doing a much better job than dd_rescue,
and with a much nicer GUI! :-) I'm not expecting to get everything back, but
at least dvdisaster is plowing through the bad sectors quick enough that it
won't take years to get at the good data that's past them...

	- Tyler