Re: Re: etch + xp

Hi Pierre,

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 17:15 +0200, Gargi wrote:
> [...]

But I want to install XP in another disk, different from which etch is
installed. So XP will install its own bootmanager into the mbr of this
different disk. Am I wright? Remember that I can tell the bios from what
disk the system boots. I gues I can use this in order to make the system
boot from the second disk, where XP is being installed, making XP ignore
the disk where etch is installed.

> If you have a SATA disc:
> dd if=/dev/sda of=/home/[your username]/etch.lin bs=512 count=1

Both disk are ATA, not SATA. The line is the same in this case?

> Insert this line into your xp boot.ini (if XP uses the partition as C:\ ):
>
> c:\etch.lin="Debian Etch"
>
> That gives you a new bootoption in your XP bootloader. From there you can
> start Etch again and repair the grub bootloader if you want to stick to
> grub.

Thank you!

Marcelo

--