Re: robomod@news.nic.it

On 09/29/2007 10:40 PM, KS wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 09/29/07 19:45, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
This is new.  I've been getting these directly to me too after I post.
What can Debian do about this?
It seems that some newsgroup has decided to tie into the list but then
rejects everything noisilty back to the posters.
You're not the only one to get them.  This evening (around 30-Sep
00:02 UTC), I received 19 of them, with original email dates
stretching back to Wednesday 26-Sep.

Got some in my inbox too.

/KS
[...]

I'm getting multiple duplicate messages from robomod@news.nic.it . At first I thought it might be a Thunderbird bug or a local configuration problem, but now I'm sure it's robomod's problem.

It seems that messages from the 26th to 29th are being duplicated.

I hope that someone drops a line to the people managing robomod@news.nic.it, and I hope that the Debian list maintainers temporarily block news.nic.it until the problem is resolved.

But if news.nic.it is pulling from the newsgroup linux.debian.user, we've got a problem.

I've killfiled robomod@news.nic.it, but they're still tripling the number of messages I have to download when I fetch my mail; however, if you decide to killfile the robomod, you can select messages where the Sender: header is robomod@news.nic.it. Presumably the confirmation messages have From: headers that contain robomod@news.nic.it.