Re: nvidia-glx and xorg

On 9/29/07, David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
> nvidia-kernel-source recommends nvidia-glx (>= 100.14.19)
> Score is -362
>
> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
>
> Needless to say, I think I will say 'q' at this point.

   Well, I do not really use aptitude, but I really don't think this
is the best approach for you to install the nvidia drivers.

   I have an FX 5200 here, too, and what I did was install
module-assistant and then run m-a a-i nvidia. Worked like a charm.

   It should be noted, though, that if you're running a kernel version
greater than 2.21, I think, you may run into problems with
paravirtualization, since the precompiled kernels from 2.21 on come
with that option turned on by default, which disallows non-GPL kernel
modules. If you wanna keep a new kernel you will have to recompile it
without that option.

   Hope this helps.

--
[]'s,