Re: nvidia-glx and xorg

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 01:02:47PM -0700, David Fox wrote:

> I guess the next best thing to do now is to set up my machine to pin
> on testing because if I do a dist-upgrade with sid lines in there I'll
> probably end up running sid, which I'm not really prepared to do yet
> :).

I don't know much about the state of nvidia drivers in lenny, but to pin
your install you just need:

APT::Default-Release "testing";

in /etc/apt/apt.conf (create it if if doesn't exist). You can check by
running 'apt-cache policy'. You should get a higher priority (990) for
lenny. Packages from sid you can install by running:

aptitude install -t unstable package

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)