Re: Does lilo still have a limit on it's menu entries?

On 09/29/2007 12:23 PM, Nigel Henry wrote:

I usually keep all kernels. Alright the ones that don't boot properly can go, but sometimes older, non udev ones, are usefull to keep if you are appearing to have problems with the udev ones. I constantly get problems with udev kernels and my TVcard /dev/video0, and the webcam /dev/video1. Very hit and miss as to which app gets which video device.

Someone on the list gave me some rules for udev, but they don't appear to be working. I'll have to start a new thread on that one.

Thanks for the reply.

Nigel.

To resolve the problems between udev and your tv-card, you might consider blacklisting the respective modules and loading the modules in a specified order by placing their names in /etc/modules.

To solve another kind of udev problem on my system, I created an alternate device nodes directory called /devs2, and I placed my nodes there.