Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 02:28:49PM -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:

> However, the discussion of options for long-document creation is
> informative to some people.

That's a good point.  Someone posts a question, and a lot of views and
ideas may be presented, whether relevant to the OP's question or not.
The OP doesn't "own" the thread that results, and attempts to keep the
discussion focused may degenerate into what's perceived of as attacks,
if not just unuseful (to the OP) information.

What I find useful is seeing a variety of ideas and views from all sorts
of people with all sorts of experience and perspectives.  This thread has
raised a lot of issues, and, while I don't share the OP's particular
problem or needs, much of the discussion has been interesting and
potentially useful.

Ken

--
Ken Irving, fnkci@uaf.edu