Re: bittorent thru a proxy (TCP thorugh HTTP proxy).

On 9/26/07, Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:59:43 +0100
> "abdelkader belahcene" <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I want to use gnome-btdownload, to download a bittorent cd.
> > I works fine when there is no proxy.
> > But I can't use it when there is   a proxy
> > help please
> > best regards
> >

> gnome-btdownload doesn't have proxy support. Routing bittorrent
> traffic through an HTTP proxy is problematic anyway. See
> http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#proxy for a discussion of the issues.

At work I have set up http tunnel (www.http-tunnel.com, on a windows
PC) to route all the network traffic from my work laptop (debian)
through the http-proxy. Works great, even bittorrent (although a bit
slow).

I'm sure there are TCP through HTTP tunnels for Debian somewhere in the archive.