Re: SAMBA ground-up tutorial?

In article <96TFS-3jf-5@gated-at.bofh.it>, Chris Lale wrote:
> cls@truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:
>> [This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
>> I've got a Debian bastion host at a small nonprofit.
>> Windoze.  We're using CUPS on the
>> Debian box.  We want to share all the printers
>> across all the hosts on the LAN.

Many thanks to everyone who replied on and off list.
Best clues so far: 1.  the 2nd ed O'Reilly Samba book is on line now.
2.  CUPS in Etch has been compiled with support for smbspool(8).  You
need that for the Linux box to use a printer offered by
a Windoze box.  smbspool is in the smbclient package.

> The howto on the NewbieDOC wiki [1] may get you started. Perhaps you could
> contribute your experience to the wiki page when you have got your system working?
>
> [1] http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki/Installing_Samba_Linux/Windows_networking

Definitely.

Cameron