Re: How to reply in the mailing lists

On 9/24/07, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 03:48:37PM -0500, Sid Arth wrote:
> > I was wondering how to reply to a message but in a way so everybody in
> > the list gets it, but without starting a whole new thread.
> As far as I know (I don't use the web interface) the normal reply does
> not brake the threading, but it will go to the poster and not to the
> list. You should use the reply-to-all and then delete the posters
> address from the Cc, or use reply and replace the poster with the list
> address.

That's what I do.  Other gmail users, *please* request proper
reply-to-list functionality.  They base their features in part on what
users request, and one user can only meaningfully request a feature
one time.  We've gotten all sorts of crap features (one random entry
from your RSS feeds?) without this (presumably easy) fix being
implemented.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh