Re: How to reply in the mailing lists

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 03:48:37PM -0500, Sid Arth wrote:
> Im sorry if this isnt the best place to voice such a question, but I
> am a bit new to mailing lists and so on.
> I was wondering how to reply to a message but in a way so everybody in
> the list gets it, but without starting a whole new thread.
> I am a gmail user so if this question makes no sense, I apoligize, but
> those of you who do use it probably have noticed how gmail
> conveniently groups conversations together. Is there a way of replying
> that will keep that intact?

As far as I know (I don't use the web interface) the normal reply does
not brake the threading, but it will go to the poster and not to the
list. You should use the reply-to-all and then delete the posters
address from the Cc, or use reply and replace the poster with the list
address.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)