Re: trying to get the windows icq program QQ to work under etch

On Monday 24 September 2007 14:19, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 02:05:45PM -0700, tom arnall wrote:
> > I am trying to get the windows icq program QQ to work under etch. I can
> > get it to install, but when I try to run it the thing dies and I get:
>
> I know this is not a real solution, but do you have any particular
> reason for using that client? Gaim can do ICQ as far as I recall.
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

No reason except that I can't connect to the QQ server using gaim. I
get 'invalid password' and other such junk from it. So I tried using their QQ
tool, since this is what they officially support. the installer worked, as
well as the registration of QQ account info. but i can't get the actual agent
to run.

thanks,

tom