Scaling images in docs [was Re: How to reduce pdf file size with open source software?]

On 09/24/2007 03:14 PM, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> wandering OT here, but use convert to resize the pictures so that they
> are the proper size. Then they don't need to be resized within the
> document. A 1mb image is pretty big at its native resolution, the
> object is to get it sized so that no resizing within the document is
> required.  Then the attached images will be as small as they can be
> and still look good.
>
> Of course, .doc is not really a great way to put something up on the
> web anyway, but that's a different story and I'm surely not telling
> you anything you don't already know.

Hi Andrew -- Of course you're correct about  $ convert, but let me tell
you...  Not wanting to re-do her work (if you're married, you'll catch
my drift), taking a quick screen shot and posting the whole page as a
125 kb jpeg on the web was a nice quick & dirty solution.  Thanks for
reminding me about convert.

Ralph