Re: How to reduce pdf file size with open source software?

On 09/24/2007 12:37 AM, Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
[...] However, the pdf file
sizes were around 1.6MB each. At this point, I I couldn't figure out
how to reduce the file size. I searched the aptitude repositories and
google but I couldn't find a proper solution.
[...]

I know that PDF supports a compression scheme. Search the Internet for "PDF compression." Ghostscript might support the desired compression scheme.