Re: Tool for document management

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:51:54 -0500, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> said:

> On 09/23/07 12:30, Steve Lamb wrote:
>> Ron Johnson wrote:
>>> Asking questions and making comments are *not* arguing.
>>
>> Ron, we've been over this.  Every time I ask a simple question on the
>> list someone, not always you granted, but someone takes me to task
>> about exactly what it is I want or why I am doing something this way
>> and not that way or why not just do it this completely different way
>> which in no way resembles what I've asked.  I don't ask for help on
>> this list often.  But every time, every single time, I have to play
>> this game with someone and I am tired of it.
>>
>> Asking questions and making comments about something which addresses
>> my requirements is not arguing.  Asking questions and making comments
>> about something which does not at all address my requirements is,
>> well, if not arguing then maybe just annoying.

> Computer people are used to looking for alternative, simpler
> solutions.

        "Make things as simple as they can be, but no simpler." In this
 case, I can see several use cases for a writing project to be similar
 to that of a coding project; and I suspect the versioning and synch
 solutions are likely to be similar.

        Does git work on windows?

        manoj
--
All possibility of understanding is rooted in the ability to say
no. Susan Sontag