Re: Unreadable characters in aterm and rxvt

> > I have a weird behavior when viewing man pages in aterm or rxvt. ...
> > Some of the lines run off the page
> > on the right and continue at the beginning of the next line (lines are
> > not neatly formatted in fixed width column). Also there are characters
> > which look like rectangles with dashed border...

> My first thought is encoding issues. What is the output of "locale"?
> Possibly related - Do you use plain rxvt or urxvt aka rxvt-unicode?

Hi,

The outputs are as following:

$ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

$ which aterm
/usr/bin/aterm

$ aterm -version
aterm version 1.00.00 from 05 July 2005
(background image,utmp,transparency,fading,NeXT scrollbar,XGetDefaults)

$ which rxvt
/usr/bin/rxvt

$ rxvt -help 2>&1 | head -3

Usage v2.6.4 : (utmp,XGetDefaults)
rxvt [options] [-e command args]

Also, rxvt and aterm are symlinks to rxvt-xterm and aterm-xterm respectively.

Thanks.
-Mike