Re: Compiz and window decorations

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 09:43 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Just got it running by using this tip:
>
> http://bgoglin.livejournal.com/11253.html

   Perfect. Just got it working. With a bit more of googling I even
managed to properly configure the plugins.

   Now I have another doubt. I want compiz to start with GNOME. What's
the best way to do that? The 'standard' solution I found is placing a
new entry in GNOME's startup applications, but I feel it would be a
better approach to replace metacity in gconf's
'/desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/current' with compiz, but
I'm not sure this is safe to do.
   What do you guys think?