Compiz and window decorations

Greetings,

    I've just finished installing Debian etch, and until I installed
compiz the only problem I had was the crappy font rendering in
Iceweasel (which was already solved by disabling its using pango).
That is, until I decided to install Compiz.
    No matter what I do, whenever I start compiz window decorations
simply disappear. Windows become unresponsive, and except for the
mouse pointer moving there's nothing else I can do except escape to a
text terminal, kill compiz and start metacity again.

    I know that this is probably a dumb question, but I couldn't find
answers anywhere. I'm using a nvidia GeForce FX 5200 with X.Org and
the nvidia drivers.

    I already reviewed my xorg.conf file a few times, and all the
needed lines seem to be there.

--
[]'s,
       Francisco M Neto