Re: Up-to-date Gnome versions?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:09:30 -0700
Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 03:10:38PM -0300, Gabriel Parrondo
> <g.parrondo@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> > Of course it's not meant for final users in the same sense as
> > ubuntu is, you may get some dependency problems from time to
> > time, but nothing hard to solve with a few 'apt-get install ...'
> > (don't use aptitude on a non-stable distro!)
>
>   I use aptitude almost exclusively on unstable and testing
>   systems.
> What sorts of problems have you run into that I haven't?
>
>   Daniel

I've used aptitude exlusively (on stable) since about a month after
I began using Debian.  I maintain 5 machines, all using aptitude.
When I first switched from apt-get to aptitude there were some
problems, but not since then.

--
Raquel
The good neighbor looks beyond the external accidents and discerns