Re: choice

>dvd+rw-tools:
> .....allways success. just curious after all the things schily writes on
> his website about wodim ao. am a kind of practical. found out that
> schily's latest beta of cdrecord on my machine gives unsurmountable
> problems: destroyed without a warning two brandnew cdroms. the last
> point is the immediate reason for asking.

Free software authors like me unfortunately need to live with useless claims
like this one :-(

The fact that the person did not give _any_ hint on what happened makes
his claim extremely unreliable/unbelievable.

Just compare

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cdrtools/

with

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cdrkit

to understand realiability of cdrtools and cdrkit.

I am of course _always_ open to real bug reports.....
This can be verified that Ubuntu currently has not a single bug against
cdrecord. Bug # 13729  is a Linux kernel bug and all other bugs listed
for cdrtools are going to be closed in a week as they are related to
bugs that have been fixed within the last year but not been verified again
on Ubuntu.

>You gave the answer yourself. I don't know about cdrecord vs wodim etc.,
> but what Schily writes about debian is plainly not true. He changed the
> license to be incompatible with DFSG, so debian didn't have another
> choice but to fork.

This is another lie that is often spread....

The CDDL is a free software license that gives more freedom than the GPL does
and it is definitely accepted even by Debian.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)