Re: Sex spam again on the list

John K Masters(johnmasters@oxtedonline.net) is reported to have said:
> On 18:12 Sun 09 Sep     , Mumia W.. wrote:
> > On 09/09/2007 03:08 PM, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> >> [...]
> >> A thing every user can do is to bounce spam delivered to the lists to
> >> reportspam@lists.debian.org. Best you use mutt's bounce-function or
> >> Kmails redirect function for that, so the headers don't get modified, so
> >> we can directly us that emails to train our filters to do better.
> >> [...]
> >
> > Thanks Martin. Thunderbird doesn't have a bounce function. Would forwarding
> > the message as an attachment do?
> >

> Without wishing to start a conspiracy theory but has anyone collected
> stats on the mail-agents used to send spam. Up till a couple of months
> ago most were Outlook but since then I have seen a dramatic increase in
> the use of The Bat! to send spam. Obviously nothing to do with The Bat!
> becoming a Microsoft Trusted Partner in July this year.

I started rejecting mail from 'The Bat' well over a year ago.  Of all
the mail received with "^X-Mailer:.*The Bat!", all were spam.

I still check the logs weekly and that has not changed.  My logs show
that I have only received 3  this month though.

      1 The Bat! (v2.00.0)                                                                                                                             17:40:03
      1 The Bat! (v3.0.1.33)                                                                                                                           17:40:02
      1 The Bat! (v3.51)                                                                                                                               17:40:02

Wayne

--
Real Programmers don't write in PL/I.  PL/I is for programmers who
can't decide whether to write in COBOL or FORTRAN.