Re: Audacity errors

On 9/16/07, Barry Samuels <barry@realbritain.f2s.com> wrote:
> If I start Audacity from a terminal I see a lot of errors. Is this to
> be expected?
>
> Expression 'SetApproximateSampleRate( pcm, hwParams, sr )' failed in
> 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1124
> Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->capture,

I'm on lenny (current since a few days ago) and I don't notice
anything like that currently
when I start audacity - only a note about tmpdir using /dev/shm, which
it didn't use before
(usually it is /tmp/audacity-dfox).

Didn't check to see as I was playing with it whether it was actuallly
writing files there, though.

Still, my apt-cache policy says I am using 1.3.3.1-b1.

And it's been my experience in the past that even with errors on
startup, audacity rarely has problems. Mostly, the issues I've had
were due to not being able to record on the fly with the microphone or
sound card as input.