Installing UGS NX5 on amd64

Has anyone attempted to install UGS NX5 on their amd64 system? The NX5
readme states that the release is only for Suse 64bit Linux
distribution. I have attempted to install on an amd64 testing system
but the installer misbehaves; it is a fairly complex ksh script that
gets stuck in a loop. It continues to ask the user the same question.

The only specific documentation I can find on system modification is
in the instillation Readme:

 System files must be modified to allow execution of NX:

        /etc/profile      (all systems)
        /etc/services     (nodes using local services)

        /etc/.login       (Sun & OSF)
        /etc/cshrc        (SGI Only)
        /etc/csh.login    (HP Only)

It seems that the modifications for a Linux system are minimal, I even
get the option to install without modifying the system files.

This brings up a few questions that hopefully someone can answer.

1) Has anyone successfully installed and executed UGS NX5 on Debian system?

2) What are the most probable problems that I will run into if I
attempt to run NX on a Debian system? Would it be libraries?

2a) Should I consider looking into the ksh install script to locate
the problem in an attempt to get the installer to run.

2b) Should I install on a Suse system and then transfer the directory
over to a Debian system to evaluate the situation?

3) Should I just bite the bullet an run Suse?

Thank you for your time,

--
Paul Strefling
Chassis Team Leader