Re: Surefire Xorg driver/config?

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:59:12 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

>> . . . I don't know what to look for in an obscure case
>> like this.
>
> wow, I'm stumped. I've changed the subject line in hopes of catching
> some other eyes. . .

I have to say, of the thousands of the packages in my system, X windows is
the most troublesome one for configuration.

That's why I always use a *Live* system first to test & get things
straight the first thing I install Linux on a new PC. Unless you enjoy
getting your hands dirty at such low level, I'd recommend give grml a
try -- it will automatically configure the X for you. Surefire most of the
cases.

http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/live/grml/grml06-Xsystem/
http://grml.org/

--