Re: Debian Network Card Setup Problems...

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 07:15:51PM -0500, Jason Zaphyr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can you help me please.  I have sent numerous emails to the Debian user
> list, and NONE of them show up on the list.  I really, really need some
> help to get my 40r1 system on the internet using my DSL modem connected to
> my linksys router, which uses DHCP to setup all my network cards.  I am
> having NO luck getting it to work under Debian.  I have tried modifying the
> interfaces file, etc.  and when I try to issue the networking restart
> command I get an error telling me that eth0 is busy, and that the network
> device eth0 is not up??
>
> Please help!
>
> Ken

I can try, but please post the output of /sbin/ifconfig and the contents
of /etc/network/interfaces.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. I am CC'ing the list. You could CC me on answers so I can redirect
them to the list if they don't get through, but I can't guarantee how
fast/often I'll be able to do that.
(Albert Einstein)