Re: Can't execute PHP script

On Friday 14 September 2007 11:29, David A. Parker wrote:
> Randy Patterson wrote:
> > I ran 'chmod 755 test.php' on the file in question. Loaded this file with
> > browser and got the very same results. Checked /var/log/apache2/error.log
> > and no error. Checked /var/log/apache2/access.log and I had accessed the
> > file.
> >
> > I have been to debian-administration.org and read up on the topic, I have
> > looked over apache2.conf to see if there was something I could change but
> > I am at the end of my rope. I even did the Windoz thing and uninstalled
> > apache2 and php, purge it and reinstalled, same results. Guess I'll have
> > to stick with PHP on IIS as a test system. I haven't ever had problems
> > with PHP running on it.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> You could also try compiling Apache and PHP from source instead of
> installing from the Debian package.

I guess that is my only other option. I'm somewhat new to Linux and haven't
started compiling my own packages yet. That's something I need to learn how
to do anyway so I guess I'll try that. I would have hoped I could have gotten
the system to work by just installing the compiled packages.  I sort of hate
compile my own package and still end up with the same results.

Thanks,
Randy