Re: Can't execute PHP script

On Friday 14 September 2007 02:26, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> 2007/9/13, Randy Patterson <tech@patterson-pcc.com>:

> > it's

> > tried

> > on

> > at

> > > I had a lenny box sitting here with no apache on it, this is what I did

> > > get it up and running:
> > >
> > > apt-get update
> > > apt-get install apache2
> > > (checked to make sure apache was running, lsof -i:80 )
> >
> > Here's my output;
> >
> > debian: lsof -i:80
> > COMMAND  PID     USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
> > apache2 3663     root    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 3690 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 3691 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 3692 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 3693 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 3694 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 4848 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 4852 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> > apache2 4853 www-data    3u  IPv4  10079       TCP *:www (LISTEN)
> >
> > > apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
> > > a2enmod php5 (it should report that php5 is already enabled, never
> > > hurts to check though)
> >
> > Here's my output;
> >
> > debian:# a2enmod php5
> > This module is already enabled!
> >
> > > lynx --dump http://localhost/test.php
> >
> > When I run this I get exactly the same result as running it with
> > Iceweasel.
> >
> > Randy
>
> That's very strange. No error in error.log, apache2 running with php5_mod
> enables...
>
> Have a look at test.php and its perms, they must be 755 if you want apache2
> to execute the script instead of html only.

I ran 'chmod 755 test.php' on the file in question. Loaded this file with
browser and got the very same results. Checked /var/log/apache2/error.log and
no error. Checked /var/log/apache2/access.log and I had accessed the file.

I have been to debian-administration.org and read up on the topic, I have
looked over apache2.conf to see if there was something I could change but I
am at the end of my rope. I even did the Windoz thing and uninstalled apache2
and php, purge it and reinstalled, same results. Guess I'll have to stick
with PHP on IIS as a test system. I haven't ever had problems with PHP
running on it.

Thanks