Re: SA-learn on remote host

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 09:23:16PM +0100, John K Masters wrote:
> I am gradually implementing a mail system where I have a mail-server on
> host1 running Postfix/Courier/Procmail/spamc which passes all except
> whitelisted mail to spamd on another server - host2. host2 simply runs
> the mail through SA and passes it back to host1 from which I read on my
> local box via Mutt.
>
> Most spam gets filtered into the .Spam folder and I have bound keys in
> Mutt to move missed spam to this folder and to copy good messages to a
> .Ham folder.
>
> What I would like to do now is have a cronjob run the contents of these
> two folders through SA-learn and then delete them. ATM I am stumped as
> to how to go about this. Any pointers very welcome.

I see a couple possibilities.

1) if its a seceure network, just mount nfs the spam folder from host1
on host2 and run it locally on host2.

2) pipe the mail through ssh. something like

find /path/to/spam | cat | ssh someuser@host2 sa-learn --spam -u
appropriate-user-name -

might work, but would require some mucking aorund with permissions and
pubkey authentication.

Those are my guesses.