Re: Re exim4, postfix problems

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 08:34:28AM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> Still using iceape.  I have tried dpkg-reconfigure postfix selecting
> Smarthost.  First I entered my ISP provider, ran /etc/init.d/postfix reload
> and then sent a message from mutt to my other mail box,
> mail@tomgeorge.info.  Next I repeated this entering outgoing.verizion.net
> which I must use for the SMTP entry in setting up a mail box for iceape.
> In both cases no message was delivered to mail@tomgeorge but both messages
> showed up when I ran fetchmail and then mutt.
>
> I surely don't understand it well enough as I can't explain it simply.
>
> Tom George

Hi Tom,
are you getting something like this:

  joe@blow.at
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
FROM:<plain.jane@verizon.net>:
    host smtp.vzn.mail.yahoo4.akadns.net [209.73.179.152]:
    530 authentication required - for help go to
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|