Re: X fails to start - Intel i810 (845) - etch + testing

Andrew:  Just a quick feedback to say thanks a bunch for poring over
that lengthy post - really appreciate the details about what you tried
that worked and your insights into the verbose-yet-cryptic X error
log.  Quick check verifies that there is just the builtin 82845G
chipset video - no extra video card - and certainly no second
monitor(!!).  I will try to force the driver to use my attached
Hitachi CRT and post again.

Undocumented is an understatement - on the other hand, hope the X
gnomes out there are dreaming up code not docs at this point - aside
from maybe having a good spec....

Gordon

--
Gordon Pedersen         gordon@visi.com