Re: how to get rid of spams hitting debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 11:46:59PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:55:01AM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >
> > I"m baffled as I've got SA running and its definitely picking up a LOT
> > of stuff, but as I've said previously, the stuff that's getting
> > through my SA to my local mailboxes is the same stuff that's hitting
> > me through d-u. And its all got really high spam scores listed in the
> > d-u headers, so why is it getting through? and what is the threshold
> > at which murphy dumps it? There are a couple in my d-u inbox right now
> > with amavis scores of over 30 but they are called "OK". And they're
> > getting through my SA.... I need to tweak my SA so it always includes
> > the spam score (doesn't currently) and see what its scoring here. but
> > it almost seems like someone has figured out how to trick SA into
> > letting a high score through.
>
> I'm not running SA, but my ISP does. Look what I get for two of those:

>         autolearn=disabled version=3.1.1
>
> and the second

>         autolearn=disabled version=3.1.1

That's what I don't understand. Things with a du assigned spam score
of over 30 were 1) getting through the list, i wonder what the
threshold was at, though it now seems to be fixed, and 2) getting
through my local SA.

I got my SA/exim configed so that I can see SA headers on
every mail right about the time we stopped getting pounded through d-u
so i don't have anything to compare at this point :(