Re: how to get rid of spams hitting debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 11:00:28AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 09/10/07 10:35, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Andrew Sackville-West(andrew@farwestbilliards.com) is reported to have said:
> >> please read the archives from today, Sep 9/10 2007, as this issue has
> >> been discussed.
> >
> > I am not seeing this spam so will have to go to the archives.  Guess
> > murx/mailfilter works better then whatever the list uses.
>
> As must SA plus whatever my ISP uses.

I"m baffled as I've got SA running and its definitely picking up a LOT
of stuff, but as I've said previously, the stuff that's getting
through my SA to my local mailboxes is the same stuff that's hitting
me through d-u. And its all got really high spam scores listed in the
d-u headers, so why is it getting through? and what is the threshold
at which murphy dumps it? There are a couple in my d-u inbox right now
with amavis scores of over 30 but they are called "OK". And they're
getting through my SA.... I need to tweak my SA so it always includes
the spam score (doesn't currently) and see what its scoring here. but
it almost seems like someone has figured out how to trick SA into
letting a high score through.