Re: HAL Problem - nautilus does not display Devices/Partitions correctly

>thx. I did not know that. Curiously i cannot mount any Removable DVD/CD
>if i don't restart dbus.
This is similar but different to a problem I have with my dvd player.  If I start the computer with a dvd or cd in the drive it reports the burn speeds accurately.  However, if not or if nothing is in the drive for a while ( a couple cron cycles I gues) it forgets the appropriate burn speeds and only offers 32x.  restarting Nautilus and restarting the Nautilus cd manager don't seem to help much.

You've given me the idea to try retarting dbus.