Re: debian oriented laptot suggestions

My first question would be:
Have you looked at any of the suppliers who sell with Debian preinstalled?

I would definitely get a laptop/ notebook with an Nvidia graphics card.  Nvidia support is excellent.  ATI support (even with proprietary drivers) is not so great.

Look at the internal wireless card.  It's possible to get a broadcom card working but they don't work well.  I've seen laptops with builtin Atheros chipset cards.  Atheros, Orinoco, and Prism cards are great.  However, I personally prefer wireless pcmcia cards with external antenna connectors su as Ubiquity.

Inbox cluttering up with junk? Clean up with Yahoo! Mail.