Re: HAL Problem - nautilus does not display Devices/Partitions correctly

Michael Biebl wrote:

> That's not a bug. HAL resp. gnome-vfs shows all partitions available.
> /etc/fstab is not the canonical source for the partition information.

Hi Michael,

thx. I did not know that. Curiously i cannot mount any Removable DVD/CD
if i don't restart dbus.

The Icon displays the Modell of the Drive but if i insert any media
nothing happens. Even if i click on the Drive.

Pioneer_DVD-ROM_ATAPIModel_DVD-105S_012

When i rightclick on the Drive under Settings > Drive there are some
Options like mountpoint, Filesystem, Mountoptions.

My external USB-Harddrive works just fine without restarting dbus.

Is the solution to remove the drive from the fstab or must i set some
other setting that i am not aware of?

Bernd