Re: Sex spam again on the list

On Sunday 09 September 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Sunday 09 September 2007 22:41, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> > > I was thinking of the Roman arena, but I think that would be too
> > > easy. Christians versus the lions are a a bit different to
> > > spammers versus the shotguns.
> > >
> > > I think something more in line with a film I saw. The hunted
> > > (spammers) were given a few minutes getaway time, then the
> > > hunters (us with the shotguns) gave pursuit. I'm not sure how it
> > > ended up in the film, but would like to think that the spammers
> > > would lose out in this scenario.
> >
> > Either "The Most Dangerous Game" or "Running Man."  Or it's
> > possible you remember the same storyline as an episode of "Get
> > Smart."  Either way, in all three, the hunters end up dead when the
> > hunted turned the tables on them.  Maybe a T1000 as the spammers
> > and us as the good ol' T101, an advanced killing machine with an
> > Austrian accent, would be a better metaphor?
>
> You've got me in hysterics here referencing Get Smart. I love that
> series.
>
> I havn't seen any reruns lately though.

Would you believe...

...It's finally on DVD, but from only one source (I think Time-Life, but
for some reason, I think it's HBO that owns the rights now).  You can't
buy it retail or through discount sources, though.  (Sorry about that,
Chief!)

I think they're supposed to make it available through retail and such
within the next 6 months.

Hal