Re: Where to find missing documentation

I think many docs have been moved to non-free, though you are not
being clear about which documentation.

For example, the ConTeXt typesetting package has it's doc in
context-doc-nonfree, which is in pool/non-free/c/context-doc-nonfree/

So, you might want to add non-free to your sources.list, if you
already haven't done so.

Kumar

Some of the documentation has indeed been moved to 'nonfree', like gcc, tetex and phpdoc, and I had no trouble installing those.

But many manpages refer to the complete documentation, but 'info <command>' gives me the manual page itself. Examples are bash, cp, mv, etc. I have been so used to firing up the info documentation of bash and feel crippled trying to navigate it manpage.

Then there are packages like mysql where the documentation is not present even in the nonfree section. After being used to apt-getting for the past four years since I converted to debian, it is a bit frustrating to have to do things manually. I hope most of the documentation makes it atleast into the 'non-free' section so that maintaining current versions of the documentation is taken care of.