I am trying to solve two problems:
1. Load my sound-card module ("snd_via_82xx") before "snd_usb_audio" (I have a webcam with integrated mike); for some reason, sound won't work if they are loaded in the opposite order; 2. Avoid to load the "floppy" module at each boot, since I do not have a floppy drive.

What is the proper way to load sound-card modules at boot? I have read somewhere on this list that alsaconf is no longer recommended. Is udev supposed to handle everything now? What should I have in /etc/modules then? Most importantly, how do I configure udev to get the modules in the right order and to prevent "floppy" from being loaded (if it is actually udev's fault...)?

Thanks for reading.
Davide

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.