Re: How to get a list of installed packages

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 03:30:14PM +0200, Franz Edler wrote:

> Sorry if the question is too simple. I just started with debian-etch.
> I now tried to figure out how I can get a list of actually installed
> packages.
> Is there a simple answer?

Do you really want a list of all the packages installed on your system
or, if you use aptitude to resolve dependencies, do you want a list of
packages that you specifically wanted installed (and forget about those
installed merely to resolve dependancies?

If the latter:

#aptitude search '~i!~M'

That's installed (~i) but not (!) automatically (~M).

Its a much shorter list.

Doug.