Re: text consoles 8-12 and german umlauts

On 09/08/2007 06:31 AM, Robert Epprecht wrote:
[...]
I do have console-tools but don't know what to do with it. Changing /etc/console-tools/config adding SCREEN_FONT_vc8=lat0-sun16 (and similar lines) does not change anything.

Thank you,
Robert Epprecht

I don't know exactly the function of APP_CHARSET_MAP in /etc/console-tools/config, but you could try setting it for the VC's in questions, e.g.

APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc8=iso05
APP_CHARSET_MAP_vc9=iso05

Iso05 may be wrong for your system. Use what you think is most appropriate.