Re: text consoles 8-12 and german umlauts

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 07:53:06 +0200, Robert Epprecht wrote:
> I have activated more text consoles by adding lines like the following
> to /etc/inittab
> 8:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty8
> 9:23:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty9
> [...]
>
> If I try to type german umlauts on these new consoles I get garbage instead.
> How can I fix that?

Which mechanism do you use to install the German keymap for the standard
consoles? You have to extend that to the new ones. For example, I use
the tools/initscripts of the "console-setup" package to set up console
keymaps and fonts, so I would have to change the line

ACTIVE_CONSOLES="/dev/tty[1-6]"

in /etc/default/console-setup to activate these settings for additional
ttys.

          Florian   |