Re: Where and how do I install a TTF font?

Hi Mumia!

On 9/2/07, Mumia W.. <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > I have a PDF (http://naoliv.googlepages.com/giap.pdf) that uses a
> > Bar25if font (http://naoliv.googlepages.com/Bar25if.ttf).
> >
> > Installing it to a directory /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-barcod25
> > and registering it with "defoma-font reregister-all
> > ttf-barcod25.hints" seems to work with Evince. But trying to open the
> > PDF with xpdf, acroread or trying to print it, it doesn't work (the
> > bar code font isn't displayed on them).
> >
> > Do anybody knows what I have to do to have this font working on my
> > system, please?
>
> You might also need to do this:
>
> mkfontscale /usr/local/share/fonts/truetype/
>
> xset fp+ /usr/local/share/fonts/truetype/
>
> Those commands prepare the fonts to be seen by XFree86; they'll probably
> work the same with Xorg.

I used mkfontscale and also mkfontdir.  fonts.dir and fonts.scale were created.
"xset fp+ /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-barcod25" and "xset fp rehash"
gave no error and it seems that they have worked (I can see the font
with xlsfonts), but xpdf, for example, still doesn't display the
barcode font correctly on the PDF.

Do you know something else that I can try?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Nelson