SVG broke after installing Pidgin unstable package

Hi,

I wanted to install Pidgin on my new Debian Etch setup. I found that the package was only available in the unstable repository, so I added that to my sources.list and installed it. Some other packages (dependencies I guess) also got installed.

After I did that and restarted X, it seems like the SVG support broke in gnome. I can not use SVG backgrounds for example, and some icons don't seem to work.

I'm now wondering:

- Can I revert what I did?
- Can I see what packages on my system comes from the unstable repository?
- Can I install a package from the unstable repository, but all its dependencies from the main repository? (Given that the dependencies exist there)

Thanks.

--
Rickard Lindberg
ricli576@student.liu.se