Re: Shut down or leave on?

>>   The number of hours per year that you used
>>   in your calculation seems a bit high ....
>>
>>       hours_per_day  = 24
>>
>>       days_per_year  = 366
>>
>>       hours_per_year = hours_per_day * days_per_year
>>
>>       print '\n   ' , hours_per_year
>>
>>       8784

> Just out of idle interest, what did you do that in?
>
> I tried it in bc and needed to use double quotes.

Richard ....

  That code is a copy/paste from an interactive  Python  session
  with the  >>>  prompt characters stripped from the beginning
  of the lines ....

  Python can cope with either  single  or  double  quotes ....

    print "Yo Ho Ho"
    print "And a Bottle o' Rum"
    print '42 Boogers'
    print "On Yo Mama's Thumb"