Debian__ASUS_P5VD2-MX

Greetings ....

  I'm looking for a low cost system and found the following
  which runs a 3 GHz Intel Celeron on an ASUS motherboard
  which seems to me to be of decent value at $214 US ....

     http://www.acnt.com/config.asp?config_id=LGAVALUE

  From a bit of Google-izing I got more than a few hits
  searching to find out if Debian Linux will run ok
  on this board ....

  The problem is that all of the hits I got from Google
  were in other countries and in languages I can't read
  as a typical mono-lingual American .... :-)

  I did find a few very brief references that Ubuntu worked
  on this ASUS P5VD2-MX board but no details ....

  So, I would guess that Debian would also most likely work
  but it would be nice to hear it from someone who actually
  has tried or uses Debian on an ASUS P5VD2-MX and what if
  any problems were encountered ....

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being